About these ads

Yankees offense continues to trickle

Another game, another feeble offensive outing, another loss.

The Yankees are 6-9 during the month of August and despite the big come from behind win against Texas, are playing their worst baseball of the year. There’s not much to say about last night’s game… Javier Vazquez is a mess – again. It’s a miracle he was able to throw as many innings as he did – what was it, over 100 pitches in 4 innings? Still, the Yankees bullpen was pretty good, and its hard to complain too much about the pitching when the offense sucks this hard. Derek Jeter deserves praise for coming up with a new double play to ground into – what was that, a 5-3 double play to end the game? Impressive! Michael Kay is saying, "The Yankees will probably win the game on a gapper-" what the hell Yankees team is he watching? Certainly not the lifeless collection of offense-less stiffs I’ve been subjugated to. (OK, that’s not the best use of ‘subjugated,’ but you know what I mean) In any case, I have faith they’ll turn it around, but exactly when this’ll happen is anybody’s guess… probably when Robbie Cano does.

The brighter side: Curtis Granderson went 3-3 with a walk. I know he’s underperformed all year, but I still believe this guy is a great hitter and will have success as a Yankee.

The darker side: A-Rod and Nick Swisher both left the game with injuries. They don’t sound too serious, but I doubt either of them will play in tonight’s game.

On a more positive note (for me, anyway), the New York Giants beat the New York Jets in a meaningless preseason game. I’m just glad a team I root for scored! Looking toward the baseball off season, expect some NY Giants posts here!

Posted on August 17, 2010, in 2010 Season and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.

  1. Hi, I noticed your point over at Yankeeist. If you can find the article, please let me know. That could be an interesting read – perhaps even worth writing about in my own blog (MattOnEarth.blogspot.com). Fortunately, the bats came alive yesterday against Verlander. Hopefully, it continues tonight.