About these ads

Big Manning's Team Destroys little Manning's Team

I’m sure there’s a "Mom! He’s not playing fair!" joke in here, but I’m not feeling it.

I would assume, however, that the Giants are feeling it, right in the butt, after the Colts kicked it so hard. Sunday night’s beating was reminiscent of Saturday night’s thrashing of Wake Forest by Stanford… I think that’s fair – comparing it to a college game. I understand that NBC likes the story angle of Manning vs Manning, but scheduling Giants and Colts for Sunday night football is something even a Giants fan probably wouldn’t do – who wants to be embarrassed on the national stage like that?

I know I’ve said some things about the Giants having a lot of talent, and I suppose they do – but they’re missing something; even when everyone is healthy, they’re competitive, but not much more. Think about it this way: if you’re into fantasy football, would you rush to grab Brandon Jacobs, Mario Manningham, Eli Manning, Kevin Boss or Steve Smith for your team? I doubt it. I’m still trying to figure out why Eli Manning through that bomb that was picked off when it was 14-0 in the first half; seemed a bit premature for a hail memory, but then, maybe not: At that point in the game, did anyone really think the Giants were going to win that game? And the Giants defense last night was hilariously over matched. They set themselves up to cover every possible receiver (one linebacker, really?) and the Colts ran the ball down the Giants’ throats over and over again. When they finally switched it up… the Colts still ran the ball down the Giants’ throats.

I didn’t watch much of the second half. Did Brandon Jacobs really throw his helmet into the stands at some Colts fans that were taunting him? That’s just great.

There are a lot of questions in this post, and I’d say that’s a great way to describe the Giants’ season: one big question mark.

Posted on September 20, 2010, in NY Giants and tagged , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.