About these ads

Bomber Banter 2011 Fantasy Baseball Team Roster

As mentioned in my previous Fantasy Baseball post, I’m targeting short stop and catcher this year, and since I have the first pick, that makes that goal a little easier.

I picked the following players for my Yahoo Sports Fantasy Baseball League – the number displayed with a period after it is the order I picked them in and the number in parentheses is the order the player was chosen in the entire draft.  Troy Tulowitzki and Víctor Martínez were my two top picks and I got to pick them one and two, so overall, I’m pretty happy with who I got.  I knew which positions I wanted to target, but I didn’t get a draft guide until a few hours beforehand, so by my third pick, I was already in chaos.

  1. troy_tulowitzki

    First pick of the draft: production out of the short stop!

    (1) Troy Tulowitzki (Col – SS)

  2. (20) Víctor Martinez (Det – C,1B)
  3. (21) Dustin Pedroia (Bos – 2B)
  4. (40) Justin Morneau (Min – 1B)
  5. (41) Cliff Lee (Phi – SP)
  6. (60) Heath Bell (SD – RP)
  7. (61) Tommy Hanson (Atl – SP)
  8. (80) Hunter Pence (Hou – OF)
  9. (81) Jonathan Broxton (LAD – RP)
  10. (100) Jim Thome (Min – Util)
  11. (101) Ty Wigginton (Col – 1B,2B,3B)
  12. (120) Chris Young (Ari – OF)
  13. (121) Alex Rios (CWS – OF)
  14. (140) Ryan Franklin (StL – RP)
  15. (141) Matt Lindstrom (Col – RP)
  16. (160) Andrew Bailey (Oak – RP)
  17. (161) Jered Weaver (LAA – SP)
  18. (180) Luke Scott (Bal – 1B,OF)
  19. (181) Carlos Pena (ChC – 1B)
  20. (200) Adam Lind (Tor – 1B,OF)
  21. (201) Edwin Encarnacion (Tor – 3B)
  22. (220) Mike Aviles (KC – 2B,SS)

Now that you’ve read through my roster of players, there’s one screaming omission:   I don’t have a single New York Yankee on the damn team!  This wasn’t intentional; I specifically wanted CC Sabathia, Robinson Cano, Phil Hughes and Mariano Rivera, but Cano went early and by my fourth pick, all of the really good Yankees were gone and by my sixth pick, nearly the entire starting lineup was gone.

It’s great and it sucks that I don’t have any Yankees on the team; last year, I had CC, Mark Teixeira, Nick Swisher, Jorge Posada… a veritable cornucopia of Yankees, and it kinda interfered with my enjoyment of the game.  I like to represent and have Yankees on the BomberBanter.com Fantasy Baseball Team, but whatever.  I think that by the end of season, this non-Yankee roster will have made the season more fun.

I haven’t decided on who’s going to start in the outfield yet as I have a lot of choices, but the infield is sealed up tight.  Maybe with more preparation,  I could have done a much better job… but there it is.

Posted on March 24, 2011, in BomberBanter.com, Fantasy Baseball and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.