About these ads

Mariano Rivera Breaks Saves Record

Now that Mariano Rivera has supplanted Trevor Hoffman and taken his rightful place as the all time saves leader, it’s difficult to say anything about Mo that hasn’t already been said – but if it’s Miller Time at the end of a hard day’s work, I’d say that for Mo, it’s Statue Time.

That’s right, Statue Time. Can we build this guy a damn statue already? I know Derek Jeter’s 3000 chase was a lot more celebrated and Jeter is probably the most popular baseball figure in town since Babe Ruth, but Jeter is a mere mortal compared to Mariano. Even the pompous asses at ESPN would refer to him as The Great Rivera because that’s what he is – GREAT. There’s plenty of room in Babe Ruth Plaza for another statue, so somebody needs to get to work on that, ASAP.

So bow down, mortals – you’ll never see anyone like this ever again.

Read more about Mariano Rivera here.  Read more of my gushing about how great he is here.

Posted on September 20, 2011, in 2011 Season and tagged . Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.