About these ads

Giants D Holds Against Pats

I couldn’t have been more pleased with the Giants defensive performance in the first half.  Shutting out Tom Brady and the Patriots at home is something to be proud of.  Yet, the Giants were also unable to score on a weak New England secondary, so while beating the Pats at home is an achievement, it hasn’t convinced me that the Giants are ready to go to the next level on offense.

Again (before I start complaining), great job by the defense.  The 3rd down stops, the interceptions, the secondary (until late in the game) – GREAT JOB!  (Although, 20 points in one half is pushing it.)

Of course, the ball had to bounce of somebody’s chest this week, so why not pick the biggest chest on the team?  Still, I di think that despite that blooper, Brandon Jacobs looked pretty good.  I’m still not convinced that Victor Cruz is the answer at wide receiver, but he’s pretty good.  I was also impressed by Jake Ballard; key receptions combined with his huge 6 ft 6 in, 275 lbs frame is a recipe for limited success.  D.J. Ware, however, might be getting too many touches.

The Giants brutal stretch of games continues next week at the San Francisco 49ers, then the game I’m most looking forward to:  in East Rutherford against the Eagles!

Posted on November 7, 2011, in NY Giants and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.

  1. If your articles are always this hlpeful, “I’ll be back.”