About these ads

Blown Call Seals Loss for Yankees

I don’t want to go on and on about it – yeah, the Yankees got completely hosed on the last out of the game.  Mark Teixeira was safe at first.  VERY safe.  Like not even close safe.

The Yankees loaded the bases with no outs in the ninth, scoring once before Jim Johnson got Mark Teixeira to hit into a disputed 4-6-3 double play for his 42nd save.

Jeff Seidel is a contributor to MLB.com. This story was not subject to the approval of Major League Baseball or its clubs.

Huh.  Nice article.  So Mr. Seidel decided not to mention the fact that the game ended on a blown call?  Oh, he said ‘disputed.’  Nice job, Jeff – it was only the biggest play of the game.

Look, the bottom line is a team isn’t going to win many games when it’s starting pitcher gives up 5 runs (CC Sabathia), and I certainly feel that MLB umpires have a hard job… but come on.  That was not even close.  That was embarrassing.

/Mark-Teixeira-Jerry-Meals

Big ups to RiverAveBlues.com for getting the image. Look at it! LOOK! Not even close! Somebody cue up the instant replay!

UPDATE
The next morning, mlb.com barely mentions last night’s blown call. Just that the Yankees were upset about a call, no specifics. They covered the post game argument between Joe Girardi and a New York Post reporter who kept asking about CC Sabathia’s health more thoroughly than an umpiring mistake that ended the game. That is shameful!

Posted on September 9, 2012, in 2012 Season. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.

  1. This was the worst call I’ve seen in a long time. I think the umps have to be a bit more observing when so close to the playoffs. Maybe he’s from Baltimore…..but even I, could have made that call right and I’m 73. Shame on the MLB umpires.