About these ads

Yankees Austerity Measures

I was going to write a post about the Yankees and their 2014 austerity plan, but there are already plenty of good posts about this subject, like this one from Yanks Go Yard and this one from Bronx Baseball Daily. Essentially, I think it’s time to call bullshit on the Yankees. Sure, I get that they’ll save some money if they’re under the luxury tax threshold and that getting under the said luxury tax threshold will resent the interest rate paid the next time they go over it, but when they charge $9 for one beer and your first born child for parking, I expect the Yankees to spend – especially when YES is overflowing the Yankees coffers with money, besides their other revenue streams. I’m not saying that saving $10 million isn’t significant, but when you billions… it’s like me saving $100 bucks. Significant for me, yes, but not a lot of money that will change my life.

Meanwhile, Russell Martin got 2 years and $17 million from the Pirates, which begs the question who will be the Yankees opening day catcher next year. Presumably, someone who can at least catch but probably hit .200 with no power, so… I guess that’s that. And with Nick Swisher presumably leaving, the Yankees really need to find some right handed power in a hurry and one that fits their ass hatted, penny pitching, wasting my mother fucking time budget!

Posted on November 30, 2012, in Off-Season and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.