About these ads

Raissman is advocating… I dunno… Jeter contract extension, ownership of Yankees?

This is a little old, but whatever. This was written in reaction to the latest ARod/PED thing.

I’m pretty sure Bob Raissman got one of those famous Derek Jeter gift baskets for writing this article…

"Yankees brass should figure out a way — quickly — to keep Jeter long-term, past whenever he decides to call it a day."

[snip]

"The next time around, it’s worth considering his value as the face of the franchise. It must be factored in. His contract would be a bargain.

"The Yankees need Derek Jeter.

"For moments like these."

I’m sure Hal & Cash will jump right on that. They’ll just back up a dump truck of money onto Jeter’s front lawn and throw in partial ownership of the Yankees for fun. No problem.

I like Derek Jeter too, but sheesh.

Posted on February 15, 2013, in Off-Season and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.