The Yankees LOVE winning, man!

It’s a bit of an understatement to say that the New York Yankees have been impressive of late.  After an ugly 3-6 start and losing their first three series, the Yankees are now 13-8 and 8-2 in their last 10 games.  They’ve won 3 games in a row and have won their last 4 series against the Rays, Tigers(!), Mets and the Rays again, going for yet another sweep of the latter team again today.

Hats off the bullpen – they are really stealing the show right now.  KEEP IT UP, FELLAS!

Yankees April 2015: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Fielding thy name is DREW.

The Yankees are about an eighth of the way through the season, so I thought I’d take a look at what’s working, not working and what needs to be taken behind the barn and shot.*  Read the rest of this entry

I Give You the 2015 Bronx Bombers

THREE home runs in one game?  Who are these guys?  Read the rest of this entry

The Good & Bad from the Yankees First 6 Games of 2015

The Yankees first six games are in the books and there’s no sugar-coating it – you don’t want to go 2-4 at home.  It’s not all gloom and doom and it’s still early… here’s the good and bad.  Read the rest of this entry

The Best and Worst of the Yankees 2015 Opening Day

Another Opening Day is in the books.  Here’s the best and worst of the first Yankees game of 2015.  Read the rest of this entry

Thoughts on Yankees Opening Day, 2015

Even Nostradamus has no idea what the 2015 Yankees will do.

As we look forward to another season of New York Yankees baseball featuring a team populated by question marks, I can’t help but now turn my gaze outward to our unevenly scheduled division rivals.  Read the rest of this entry

Can you remember a Yankees team with more question marks?

The 2015 Yankees should consider branding themselves as the Bronx Riddlers because seriously, there’s so many different outcomes you could expect from this team.  Read the rest of this entry

What to expect when you’re expecting the 2015 Yankees

Pitchers and catchers are due to report in just weeks, not months, so before we know it, the New York Yankees 2015 season will be upon us.  And it’ll feature these guys, who are… uhm… I dunno.  Let’s dig in. Read the rest of this entry

Robertson to White Sox, Sad Keanu

David Robertson is going to the White Sox and I am bummed.  He got what people are calling a fair deal at 4 yrs/$46 million.

The Yankees are good at building a bullpen (I think it’s their best organizational skill) and I understand they wanted (and probably needed) an elite lefty (and they just signed one in Andrew Miller), but Robertson is a stud like me.   (I’m a stud, BTW.)  He’s 29 now, and I do understand that in the middle of this four year deal is when people start to downturn hard, but again, he’s a stud, so I don’t love this non-sign at all.  I get that the Yankees receive a first round pick, but this is a tough way to grab a pick!  Finally, I must acknowledge that the Yankees have a track record of developing  relievers in their farm system, so maybe they are higher on some of their guys on the way up then I realize.
Anyway, bummer.  Robertson was classy.

Jeter's career highlights in LEGO, Jeter's last home game, Giants play away Thursday Night Game of DOOM

Watching these Jeter career highlights in LEGO form is hilarious – I’ve seen these clips a million times, so to see them in LEGO is somehow fitting… maybe because Jeter himself his held together with plates and screws at this point in his life. It should also be pointed out that all of these highlights happened… I dunno, like 10 years ago. That’s kinda sad, no?

Tonight is Derek Jeter’s final home game (weather permitting) and Sunday at Fenway will be the final game of his career. Jeter had a great run and did amazing things, but the last two seasons have been a nightmare for that guy (Jeter is ranked 92 with a -0.2 WAR on fangraphs – yeoch). Oh well – everybody can’t end their career like Mariano Rivera.

Anyway, if there’s no Yankees tonight or you just don’t give a shiz, the New York Giants are playing the Thursday Night Game of DOOM on CBS. The away team always loses this game and, of course, the Giants are on the road.

#sarcasm #myteamsstinkthisyear #calgontakemeaway