I watched as many innings of the Toronto Blue Jays three game set with the Yankees at the Stadium, but my schedule just wasn’t baseball friendly this weekend. In any case, here’s what I saw:
- Brett Gardner has caught fire! I think he must have hit .500 last week.
- For a patch work starting pitching rotation, things are going pretty well.
- The homers keep on coming!
- My fantasy baseball team won! I’m now 2-2 on the year, and I’ve made the team better… try to do a comprehensive post about this soon.
- If Freddy Garcia is going to give up homers to the likes of Jose Bautista… I can live with that. Not good, but not Fug-Ugly.
- Derek Jeter hit another zillion ground balls this weak, but he’s at least hitting over his weight. Bad, but not Fug-Ugly.
- Pitching to Jose Bautista any time runners are on base. JUST WALK HIM!
- That Francisco Cervelli‘s sacrifice but with no outs in the 3rd inning after Brett Gardner walked on four straight pitches. Who’s idea was that? Why would you sac bunt with your fastest guy on 1st with no outs in the first? WHY?!?
Kevin Millwood opted out of his minor league contract. From the reports I read on this guy’s stuff down in the minors, we aren’t missing anything – and this dude must think his waste smells like ice cream. As far as I can tell, he has no other offers, but that could change… If Sergio Mitre gets hurt, maybe the Nationals will grab Millwood…